Tips from the NatureOnNotice experts to add a quick fix of nature into your life….
“God is the friend of silence. See how nature — the trees, flowers, grass — grows in silence; see the stars, the moon, and the sun, how they move in silence”…Mother Theresa
- Stillness speaks.
- Be still and know that I am God.
- Ask and you shall receive.
- Take time to listen. Smile — you’ll know the right answers or direction when given.
- Pause on purpose. Luxuriate in the early morning hours.
- Carve out quality Me time.
- Seek out a lake, stream, pond, wooded path, garden or ocean view.
- Contemplate your day quietly sitting — or actively moving or exercising.
- Work within — or in spite of — your physical limitations.
- If you go into the water, allow its resistance to maximize your efforts — tone or strengthen your body.
- Or — sit quietly in your parked car or truck and concentrate on your breath for a while — sometimes that’s just enough.
- You are not the problem or limitation.
- You are a divine expression of God’s love.
- Transformation loves company.
- Seeker challenges — Silence, physical endurance or any healthy routine sometimes seems daunting, even counterintuitive.
- Stick with your inner knowing and push through the pain.
- Reach out to others.
- Experience a Thoreau-like ripple effect. Share your treasured ‘nature’ locales with family and friends.
- Why does Henry David Thoreau’s solitude-saga endure to this day? Perhaps it’s because Walden Pond is more than a place, it’s a lasting testimony to nature’s healing powers, one man’s inner growth, and the beauty of restorative renewal.